Translate

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Ending Relationships in the New Year

It seems that every year I lose a friend or love interest in the beginning of the year. Why is that? Is it that we are automatically wired to go through change because of the year changing? Do we simply outgrow people? I feel like I try very hard to maintain relationships with individuals, but they don't return the favor. I understand that life happens, but sometimes I don't how individuals just 'drop' people. To me, did you ever really care about me to begin with? Did you or do you care about me being in your life? I don't think I will ever understand it. At this point, I am no longer attempting to maintain relationships with those who don't return the favor. Is it petty? Maybe, but my grandmother always said this: The door swings both ways. In other words, it takes two people to maintain a relationship whether it be friendship or a romantic relationship.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha!!! I love your honesty. I also agree. Sometimes, I choose not to communicate with people because they are not a good influence or they are not teaching me anything good. My mother said, you should be learning good from your friends. If I haven't improved in this relationship or it hasn't gone to the next level....bye!! Then, after a while, I just need to make sure that they are ok and I need them to know that they are important part of my "Story", so I reach out. But then it's MY choice. I don't need to talk to everybody every day. Thanks for your post. I have enjoyed reading them. Have a blessed day. alm

    ReplyDelete