Translate

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Another Weight Loss Journey...

For most of my adult life, I've struggled with my weight. Honestly, I am an emotional eater. I also put myself in very toxic relationships and situations over the years with further fueled my issues with food. Let me just say that it is a struggle every day to eat the right foods. For instance, I was at the hair salon today and someone came in with Sonic. Do you know how bad I wanted to go eat at Sonic when I left there? I didn't though. I thought about the guilt and shame I'd feel after I ate that Sonic Double Cheeseburger. When I overeat, I feel awful guilt. I can admit that food has been my drug of choice for so very long. With that being said, I'm making an effort to do much better this year. I plan to join a gym once I lose my first 30 pounds. I've already lost about 20 without working out. I also purchased a Fitbit Charger HR, which has motivated me to walk and drink more water.

I want to feel healthier. It is not my goal to be thin. I just want to look in the mirror and like what I see. I also want to go to the doctor for once without them telling me that I need to lose weight. Ugh - it is so frustrating! Throughout this process, I have never starved myself. I just make an effort to do better than I have in the past. I no longer overindulge in white potatoes, fried foods, and soda. I believe you can have some things in moderation. Ya know? You don't have to be miserable, but until you can control yourself sometimes you just have to say 'no'. I have a certain weight loss goal that I want to meet, so I've got to stay focused. Tune in here for updates on my journey! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment