Translate

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Working Out with a Partner - Does It Help?


Working out is something that most people loathe. I like it, but there are some days that I simply do not have the energy or the desire to work out. What do we do to get out of that rut? How can you become and stay motivated? For me, it helps when I work out with a partner because it holds me accountable to someone other than myself. Let's be honest here, if you don't work out, your weight loss is going to progress at a much  slower rate, so if working out is something that you struggle with, I suggest getting a workout partner or personal trainer - sooner than later.

I work out with a personal trainer twice per month and that has really helped me focus and made me more aware of the importance of accountability when you are attempting to make a lifestyle change. Also, I have a friend (Tonya) that I attend exercise classes with at work, so that has been a huge motivator. I don't want to get off track and she knows this, so she is always there to provide me with motivation or that loving shove I need to keep going.

Furthermore, at least one study has shown that working out with partners leads to increased workout time. If you'd like more information about this study, click here.

So, go find your workout buddy NOW! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment