Translate

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Weight Loss - The Journey Continues...



Losing weight is unequivocally the hardest thing that I've ever attempted to accomplish. Some days are harder than others and I want to give up - just can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I kept telling myself that there is no way you can lose all of this weight. I was my own worst enemy. Why was I doubting myself? I excel in so many aspects of my life. Why does losing weight have to be different? Then, it hit me...losing weight doesn't have to be different. I must believe in myself and know that I can accomplish my weight loss goal, any goal, for that matter. After all of this time, I realize that being overweight is not what I want to be. I was tired of going to physician appointments and them telling me I was overweight. I needed to make changes and fast. Why is it that as a society we eat to die? I've learned that portion control is key and that is the first change that I made. I started eating to live - eating green beans instead chips, taking a walk instead of snacking, eating fruit instead of cookies.

I won't lie to you. Change is never easy. We're all accustomed to certain things in our lives and when we need to change them, we simply don't want to. We must ask ourselves - is eating McDonald's and Steak n' Shake worth dying for? Are you and I worth a $5 meal? I'm not saying that I'll never eat from those restaurants again, but I'll make healthier choices when eating there and simply eat less.

I think sometimes that we think if we aren't experiencing that 'full' feeling that we are hungry and that simply isn't true. Listening...and I mean truly listening to your body is key here. You shouldn't feel tired after eating a meal or be so full that you want to vomit. This was me. I usually would eat once a day, but would eat badly that one time. That is so terrible for the human body.

I don't know everything about food and healthy eating. I still fall off of the wagon some days, but remember the key to falling off is getting back on.

-Jen


2 comments:

  1. Amen cuz! Again, thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome and thanks for following. I appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete