Translate

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

September 11, 2001 - I was in the 10th grade and I was on my way to Mr. Campbell's A/P Honors U.S. History class. When I walked in, everyone was talking loudly and the television was on. I think even one person was crying. I couldn't figure out what was going on and then I sat down in my seat only to witness the second plane hit the World Trade Center. I was in absolute shock. I couldn't believe it. Even days after that and years now, I still can't believe it. So many innocent lives lost...

Today, I pray for those who lost family members to this tragedy. Losing a loved one is never easy and when it happens in such a manner as mentioned above; it makes it even harder. Also, to all of the service men/service women who risk their lives on a daily basis to help society: We thank you.

Regardless of the differences that we have as Americans, please know that we are united and this tragedy affected all of us. Albeit, it affected us in very different ways, but it affects us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment