Translate

Thursday, September 13, 2012

2nd Annual 5K Walk/Run - Mayor's Challenge


Wow! I'm about to participate in my first 5K in Nashville, TN. I'm actually participating as a member of a team and our team name is 'Strong is the New Skinny'. I'm super excited about this event and I hope everyone will be, too.

Mayor Karl Dean is encouraging all Nashvillians to join him on Sunday, Nov. 18 at Public Square Park in Downtown Nashville to walk or run in the 2nd Annual Mayor’s Challenge 5K and Kids’ Fun Run. This 5K is truly meant to encourage a healthy lifestyle for everyone. Obesity is on the rise in this nation and several Southern states rank among the nation's 'fattest' states. Let's be healthier and participate! You can find more information by clicking here.

The great thing about this is that you complete the 5K at your own pace. It's not a competition. So, come out and enjoy yourself! Have any of you ever completed a 5K? Comment below and tell me about your experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment