Translate

Sunday, September 23, 2012

250 pounds vs. 120 pounds - A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words


Have you ever heard the saying, 'a picture is worth a thousand words'? I have and boy does this saying apply to the above image. The image is a thermal body scan of a 250 pound woman and a 120 pound woman. I wanted to re-post the image after seeing it on Facebook some time ago via SkinnyMs. Do you see any major differences between the two? I sure do. Notice how the 250 pound woman's body looks misaligned. You can also see some visceral fat, fat in the abdomen, of the 250 pound woman and the heart looks quite different as well when compared to that one of the 120 pound woman. How many things do you see that are alarming in this photo? Please don't get the wrong idea that just because you are thin - you are healthy. Even thin people still need to lead a healthy lifestyle - eating right combine with exercise.

Let me just say that seeing this body scan is a huge eye opener to me. Being overweight is unhealthy, but it can be changed with dedication and effort. The picture above is very scary and granted I never weighed 250, but I was in the 200s so that is close enough. We've got to do better and if there is anyone out there that is discouraged about losing weight or needs someone to listen, please contact me. I've been there and I'm still there - Every day is a struggle to do better.

If you want to know more about visceral fat/abdominal fat and how to lose it, you can click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment